[MobilePRwire] – Today Melesta Games is pleased to announce a new mode for its popular game Toy Defense. Tournament Mode offers a brand new way to become a great strategist while surviving over 100 waves of enemies. The new mode will allow players to link the game to their Facebook account and take part in weekly tournaments. At the end of each week, the best players will be rewarded with stars.
The main idea behind Tournament Mode is perfectly simple: a new map appears every week on which the player has to survive a certain number of enemy waves. When players click on the tournament button for the first time, they will be asked to log in to their Facebook accounts in-game and will be connected to their friends as result. While playing Toy Defense, making tactical decisions, and enjoying pitch-perfect audio-visual effects, players will get points and be ranked on a TOP list with their friends. The mode also requires invitations to Facebook friends to make the competition more interesting.
Set in World War I, Toy Defense combines elements of strategy, simulation, and classic tower defense to bring the player a completely unique experience. Each map in Tournament Mode provides about 100 advancing waves of approaching enemies, and players need to make fast strategic and tactical decisions in constantly changing gameplay situations. The arsenal of units available to the player includes riflemen, flamethrowers, cannons, anti-aircraft guns and 24 upgrades to them. Each type of unit has a different cost and defensive capability, so users have to be careful in their choice and placement on the map.
Toy Defense, which was named the best strategy game of 2012 (AllAboutCasualGames.com), has now become a social phenomenon. Plans are currently being made to link the new mode to other social networks as well. Tournament Mode will provide interest for a wider audience while bringing endless fun to existing Toy Defense fans.
• 84 perfectly designed levels
• Different types of upgradable units such as riflemen, flamethrowers, anti-aircraft guns and cannons
• 4 amazing features in your arsenal:
* Repairmen. Now towers could be repaired without your assistance!
* Resurrection. Revive the ruined tower, take part in the battle again!
* Squashing. Help your army, join the battle. Squash enemy with your finger!
* Protective barrage. Defend your base. Crush enemy by blast wave!
• 9 types of enemy units to fight off
• Intense World War I atmosphere with amazing graphics and sound effects
The game is available on Google Play for free.
* English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Melesta Games is a premier game development company in Minsk, Belarus, developing casual games across multiple platforms since 2008. Company’s product portfolio includes more than 20 successful titles which top the charts of the world’s most popular casual game sites. Our games have been localized into more than 20 languages and are available in 60 countries worldwide. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 MELSOFT. Melesta is a registered trademark of MELSOFT, used to identify the company’s products. Melesta trademark is protected by Trademark Law.
Filed Under: Mobile PRwire