Android AppDictions App Review
Many folks out there, me included, realize the benefits of regular exercise, running in particular. However, many of us have difficulty finding and/or keeping the motivation needed to benefit. With the advent of the Walkman or Discman (if you are old enough to remember) followed by the iPod and now Android and other mobile phones; we were able to use the music of our choice to pump us up and get us going.
Unfortunately, there are times when our device was set to shuffle or random, and just as we are about to peak, Katy Perry (no offense to Katy Perry fans) begins blaring in our ear buds. Well, PaceDJ Running App for Android devices seeks to prevent this from ever happening again.
Here’s how it works: enter your pace, or have the app determine it for you if unsure. Once determined, songs from your device are paired to match your pace. The display then shows your BPM rate along with song title and artist, and you are all set to let your music sync with your pace, or vice versa.
San Diego based developer Pacing Technologies has designed the app so the interface is surprisingly simple despite the great technology. We always appreciate when the interface is intuitive and the back-end technology is complicated. You can easily slow down or speed up the tempo for a particular song. And sign up on the website to discover already popular playlists for running and cycling.
So if it’s a little musical motivation you seek, PaceDJ Running will no doubt serve those who can use it well. Check it out on Google Play for just $1.99.
Sync your running pace with your workout music using the PaceDJ Running App!
The PaceDJ Running App allows you to run, walk or cycle in sync with the workout music you love saved on your phone’s SD card. Visit PaceDJ.com to find workout songs that match your target running pace, walking pace, or cycling pace.
PaceDJ Running App determines the BPM (tempo) of each song saved on your phone’s SD card, allows you to set your target exercise pace, and creates customized pacing mixes for running, walking, or cycling.
You can synchronize your steps with the song’s tempo, a powerful source of motivation.
PaceDJ supports Android v2.2 and up.
1) walking.about.com 7/17/11: 5/5 stars
2) Appscout.com (PC Magazine) 7/15/11: “The interface is intuitive, so it’s a snap to prioritize songs in mixes according to user preference…”
3)148Apps.com (7/13/11): “This little utility helps users build workout playlists that will keep their workouts in high gear.”
4) Oxygen Women’s Fitness(9/8/11): “By running to the beat you keep up your pace as well as your motivation! Pretty cool, right?”
1. During setup, PaceDJ Running App helps you figure out your approximate target pace, which you can then modify as you need.
2. If you don’t know what BPM to choose, tap “Measure your Pace.” PaceDJ Running App will determine your BPM. Afterwards, upload your BPM to PaceDJ.com to find workout music to match.
3. PaceDJ Running App personalizes mixes based upon your song preferences.
4. PaceDJ Running App allows you to include songs at half the tempo and twice the tempo of your target exercise pace, expanding the number of songs that PaceDJ Running App can choose from and increasing the variety of the mixes PaceDJ Running App creates for you.
5. Multitasking: You can use PaceDJ Running App while also using a separate workout app.
6. BPM Detection: PaceDJ Running App obtains BPM values for your songs from The Echonest, a database with approximately 30 million songs and 1.5 million artists.
7. Easy BPM Correction: Sometimes you may have songs that are not in The Echonest database, or simply an incorrect BPM marking may be associated with a song. This can be due to a mismatch of song titles in your library versus what is in The Echonest. To update a song’s BPM, PaceDJ Running App provides an easy-to-use screen, where you simply tap on an image of a drum to correct a song’s BPM.
THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM OR ENGAGING IN CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE. BY USING PACEDJ YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE AND ACCEPT THEM AS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. DO NOT USE PACEDJ WHEN EXERCISING ON THE ROADS.
2.2 and up